The Democrat political playbook is sooooo predictable. Here are a couple of examples that are endlessly repeated:
- Leak government information (frequently classified) to a trusted Democrat media outlet; endlessly repeat that leaked information as a means to achieve a political objective
- Use ShareBlue and Media Matters to coordinate the daily Democrat-media echo chamber narrative using identical words and phrases to falsely stigmatize Republicans/conservatives and/or their issues
- Leverage anonymous sources to spin completely fake news as a “breaking story” in one media outlet that is then propagated throughout the legacy media
- Coordinate Democrats and media attacks on specific Republicans/conservatives in another echo chamber operation using innuendo, fake news, and outright lies
And then there’s the old “get a group of Democrat hack ‘whomevers’ to sign a public letter” demanding some action of a Republican administration that serves Democrat Party political interests. And then endlessly report and repeat the demands in that letter throughout the media echo chamber, as coordinated with the public statements of elected Democrats. Happens all the time!
We’ve just witnessed an instance of that tactic in play with the “demand” by some 1,140 Democrat hack lawyers – ostensibly former DoJ prosecutors in different capacities – that Attorney General Barr resign immediately:
More than 1,100 former Department of Justice officials are calling on Attorney General William Barr to resign after his department lowered the prison sentence recommendation for Roger Stone, a longtime ally of President Trump, in a move that’s led to accusations of political interference.
In a letter released Sunday, the former DOJ officials, who have worked across Republican and Democratic administrations, wrote that Barr’s intervention in the Stone case has tarnished the department’s reputation.
“Such behavior is a grave threat to the fair administration of justice,” the former officials wrote. “In this nation, we are all equal before the law. A person should not be given special treatment in a criminal prosecution because they are a close political ally of the President. Governments that use the enormous power of law enforcement to punish their enemies and reward their allies are not constitutional republics; they are autocracies.”
Before debunking that letter, let’s review a few previous letters-of-a-similar-nature from groups of Democrat hacks:
- In August 2015, there was the open letter in the Washington Post from 36 retired flag and general officers (all Democrats and/or Obama hack FOGOs) who endorsed Obama’s nuclear agreement with Iran. That letter was ENTIRELY political in nature, given what has subsequently been disclosed about Iran’s continuing push to develop a nuclear weapon.
- In September 2016, some 75 retired senior diplomats and foreign service officers signed an open letter in the Washington Post opposing Donald Trump’s candidacy for president. These people wallowed in Uniparty corruption for most of their careers. We are just beginning to find out the depths of the corruption associated with laundering US foreign aid overseas in places like Ukraine, Latvia, and Cyprus.
- In February 2019, some 58 “former national security officials” issued a letter condemning President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency to divert funds to build his wall on the southern border. Open borders are a national security threat, and these clowns oppose the border wall, which tells you all you need to know about their so-called “national security expertise.” Oh, yeah: signatories included Democrat hacks such as John Kerry, John Brennan, Susan Rice, Madeleine Albright, and Janet Napolitano. Laughable!
- How about the 500 Democrat hack law professors who signed a letter claiming that President Trump committed impeachable offenses that was timed to influence Republican senators during the Senate impeachment trial? That was an entirely partisan Democrat political move since two of their Democrat colleagues, Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz, demolished any notion that impeachable offenses were committed by the President.
Those are just some of the more recent egregious examples; there are tons more. Which brings us back to the letter from the 1,140 Democrat hack prosecutors demanding AG Barr’s resignation. Here’s their partisan letter, as well as the list of all the signatories. Glad they signed it because they’ve put themselves on a “never-hire” list for future federal prosecutor jobs. That letter is trying to foment insubordination and turmoil in DoJ that will lead to AG Barr’s resignation. It’s essentially a call to action to every Democrat career lawyer in the Justice Dept to actively join the resistance.
Neither the Democrats nor the legacy media point out that that letter was orchestrated by a virulently leftwing organization misleadingly called “Protect Democracy” that was founded by a group of former Obama regime lawyers in 2017. This letter is just another extra-governmental attack by Obama allies on President Trump and his administration.
United to Protect Democracy, which draws its name from a line in President Barack Obama’s farewell address that urged his supporters to pick up where he was leaving off, has already raised a $1.5 million operating budget, hired five staffers and has plans to double that in the coming months. They’ve incorporated as both a 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4), allowing them to operate as a nonprofit but participate in some forms of political advocacy as well.
Note: “United to Protect Democracy” has now morphed into “Protect Democracy” since they’ve achieved non-profit status (a travesty). Here is more background on who pays the freight from a timely article yesterday at American Greatness:
Protect Democracy was launched in early 2017 as part of an extensive anti-Trump operation managed by a leftwing tech billionaire: Pierre Omidyar, the founder of eBay. This is who is behind Protect Democracy and a number of other nonprofits formed to destroy the president.
In 2018, according to the group’s most recent tax filing, Protect Democracy collected nearly $7 million in donations; Omidyar’s most politically-active nonprofit, Democracy Fund, has donated $2 million since 2017. Democracy Fund is spending tens of millions each year to underwrite dozens of anti-Trump projects.
Oh, by the way, the “1,140 Democrat hack letter” is not the first time that Project Democracy has orchestrated an open letter of former Democrat hack federal prosecutors to attack President Trump. Let’s not forget that ever-so-conveniently for Democrats, in May 2019, hundreds of former federal prosecutors posted a letter online stating that “President Trump would have been indicted in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe for obstruction of justice if he weren’t president.” That was another Project Democracy partisan political hit-job.
These people are nothing but Democrat hacks shilling for plum jobs in the next Democrat administration. If they were really serious about the equal application of the law and “impartial justice,” one would think they would have signed an open letter demanding a mistrial for Roger Stone given the revelations that the jury foreman was hopelessly compromised. But then their view of the “fair administration of justice” only goes in one direction, doesn’t it? They are truly despicable people and are to be publicly shamed and then ignored.