Unlike the others who have been dismissed from the employ of Fox News after allegations of sexual harassment, Eric Bolling is fighting back.

No, he’s not fighting back against the women who accused him of sending unwanted photos of male genitalia. He’s suing the Huffington Post reporter, Yashar Ali, who reported the story.

“Just received a summons. Eric Bolling is suing me for defamation – $50 million in damages. I stand by my reporting + will protect my sources,” Ali tweeted.

Bolling is seeking $50 million from Ali for a myriad of damages including, “reputable, monetary, special, and punitive.” Bolling is also seeking relief for “costs and fees,” according to a copy of the summons tweeted by CNN reporter Tom Kludt.

Ali’s story was released on Friday of last week. By Saturday, and very much like the others who’ve been dismissed, Fox News apparently felt the report was credible enough that they suspended Bolling. They also removed his name from the social media accounts for “The Specialists,” the Fox News program he co-hosted, and an investigation is under way.

Bolling’s attorney told HuffPost on Saturday the host said he “does not believe he sent any communications.”

Seriously, shouldn’t he know if he sent three separate lewd images out to three different colleagues?

As I’ve said before, he may be completely innocent of the charges, but that particular statement sounds awful.

Still, Bolling has his fans circling the wagons, and he sent out a tweet of thanks, afterwards.