(AP Photo/Carlos Osorio, File)
As I did yesterday, I am posting JUST THE NUMBERS for COVID-19 here in the State of Michigan as released by the Official Michigan Government website. These are the numbers released earlier this afternoon by State of Michigan
*The total number of confirmed cases: 4650 which is a 993 person increase from the previous day.
*Deaths: 111 total deceased which is a 19 person increase from the previous day.
*Currently 2.4% of those that have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 have perished. This leaves the survival rate currently at 97.6%.
*The state has tested and received results back from 15,282 specimens. Those found positive were 3720 and those found negative or inconclusive were 11,893.
Total samples tested includes test that were negative, positive, and inconclusive.
Counts represent the total specimens tested, not total patients tested. A patient can have more than one specimen tested, therefore the number of specimens tested may be more than the number of patients tested.
*Overall Percentage of Cases by Sex
50% of Men
50% of Women
*Overall Percentage of Deceased by Sex
68% of Men (change of +3% from the previous day)
31% of Women (change of -3% from the previous day)
1% was Unknown
*Detroit and Wayne County lead the state with 2316 cases or 49.8% of the total in the state.
*17 counties are tied for only having one case reported.
*Detroit and Wayne County account for 46 of the deaths which are 41% of the total in the state.
The city of Detroit is in the County of Wayne so that is why they are combined here.